Monday, April 4, 2011

International trip coming up

Part 1 of my sabbatical has involved lots of rest, a little writing, and the enjoyment of a beautiful California spring.

Part 2 is an international trip from April 17 to May 25 that will take Lee and me to English language teaching sites from the Mideast to Central Asia to East Asia.

I'll be visiting former students and other Christians involved in English teaching around the world.  I will be observing EFL classes, doing some individual consultation, giving some presentations to teachers.  Lee is joining me on the trip, in locations where there is also an opportunity for him to explore effective businesses and enterprise by NGOs.

Our itinerary will be:

April 17: Kitty flies LA to Dubai
April 19 - 22: Kitty in Kuwait
April 23-27: Kitty in Nizwa, Oman
April 28: Lee joins Kitty in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
April 29-May 4: Dushanbe
May 5: Urumqi, Xinjiang, China
May 6-9: Pingliang, Gansu, China
May 10: Taiyuan
May 11: Beijing
May 12-15: Zhangjiajie, Hunan, China
May 16: Guangzhou
May 17-24: Hanoi, Vietnam (including a trip to Haiphong)
May 25: return to LA

We appreciate your prayers:
--that we'll keep in touch with the Lord
--that I'll be able to prepare my presentations well in the next three weeks
--that travel will go smoothly
--that we'll stay healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment