Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hong Kong CELT Conference January 2012

Kitty catches up a bit:
In 2003 I organized a conference in Long Beach I called Christians in English Language Teaching. There were subsequent CELT conferences in Chiang Mai Thailand, Seattle, New York, Boston...  and in 2012, Hong Kong. This one was organized by Hong Kong colleagues. I was the co-chair of the program, which meant we read proposals and decided on the presentations. It was a great opportunity to encourage Christian EFL teachers from all over Asia and beyond, including current students and alumni. I enjoyed seeing Hong Kong--a great city--for the first time, and being hosted by former students Ken, Emily, and Janice. Hong Kong was unseasonably cold, but still festive from the lunar new year celebrations.
 Biola alumnus Ken Chiang, who works for the ministry of education in HK, was hospitality chair for the conference.
 I hosted a dinner for Biola alumni and students. Shown above are some working in Taiwan, China, and Japan.
 Biola alumni Ken, Emily, and Janice, helped me enjoy the sights of HK, including these new year's decorations at a mall near the Star Ferry terminal.
I gave two presentations at the conference too.
 HK's glittering nightly light show.
The flower market--with some blossoming plum trees for the new year.
http://www.celtconference.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment